I don’t know how to say this any other way to anyone, other than…I was diagnosed with Leukemia this morning…
The short of the short is I am sitting writing this from my new home for the month – the hospital. It’s not bad…some exposed brick framing the windows, recessed lighting and a staff with my kind of humor. Nurse Holly won me over instantly when she left the room and came back with a…six pack…of gingerale. I got excited too re-reading that as I could use a drink with a little extra stiffness.
More to come but in the meantime here are some of the key components to what’s happening:
1. I have Leukemia (type ALL)
2. I start chemo tomorrow
3. I’m here for a month
4. I have an awesome support system of family and friends!!! 🙂
5. I’m in good spirits and still making many bad jokes. The difference is that people are actually laughing at them now…out of pity I am sure but hey, I’ll take it.
6. My dear friends Jenny, Natasha and Darren have created a calendar page that I will share the link to shortly if anyone is interested to come and visit or just keep abreast of what’s going on. 🙂
7. This is not related to the Melanoma that I was just dubbed Cancer free for 2 years.
8. I’ll be honest…I’m gonna say it….Ready?…This is some crazy shit right?!?! Two cancers in two years that are completely unrelated….WHOA!!!
9. Call me, ask questions or e-mail me. Don’t be shy. I welcome it!
10. Everyone knows I love them so we don’t need to get into all of that emotional mushy stuff.